• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Handbrake Cable Holders On Beam

yorkshirekowboy

hello,

i have noticed that my handbrake cable bracket that attachs to the anti roll bar plate with the 13mm bolt keeps comming undone. Anybody else experienced this before?

Its a 309 beam with 205 handbrake cables so thinking maybe it could be the cables when going over rough ground untighting the 13mm bolt, due to the beam being wider so the cables are tight.

I should maybe cut the x2 cable ties off and them them hang free???

EdCherry

Bit of thread lock on the bolts maybe?

yorkshirekowboy
Bit of thread lock on the bolts maybe?

did that fella, but used some pritstick type stuff which was junk.

EdCherry

try something thats good then like some loctite. Cant really comment to much on this as I havn't had much of a fiddle at the back end of either of my 205's yet.

yorkshirekowboy
try something thats good then like some loctite. Cant really comment to much on this as I havn't had much of a fiddle at the back end of either of my 205's yet.

it was loctite mate. but it was junk, ill screw the bolt out abit then apply some new stuff on it and tighten. cheers

EdCherry

Screw it all the way out, if you got a tap and die of the correct size give all the threads a quick clean up and then apply the loctite.

CosKev

I thought most people fitted the 309 cables when doin beam conversion,due to the length probs.

Baz

Just changed my beam and noticed on the old one that one of the bolts had come a turn or so loose, not really sure why, is it a std ARB you run? Wondered whether it had anything to do with that although i doubt it.

yorkshirekowboy
Just changed my beam and noticed on the old one that one of the bolts had come a turn or so loose, not really sure why, is it a std ARB you run? Wondered whether it had anything to do with that although i doubt it.

im running standard 309 arb, so it is strange. 309 cables are too long for the car. It must be the cables being tight working them lose.

Baz

I doubt it.

yorkshirekowboy
I doubt it.

what then mate? they tighen up fine, just work loose.

yorkshirekowboy

right well i have put a washer on with groves so it should grap the bolt, its the same type of washer used on the beam cup for the shouldered stud. Tightened it up a fair bit and put some thread lock on it. fingers crossed.

right well i have put a washer on with groves so it should grip the bolt, its the same type of washer used on the beam cup for the shouldered stud. Tightened it up a fair bit and put some thread lock on it. fingers crossed.