• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jtek

Windscreen Change

jtek

Well today I did the silly of working on the car whilst massively hungover. So naturally when I got to the first job of trying to get the little plastic clip for the rear view mirror off the windscreen I managed to put a nice 2 inch crack across the screen. Brilliant. And I have just 5 days of MOT left. Smashing. So I rang around a few places and got quoted 100 quid fitted which can be booked tomorrow (Car is currently uninsured so no glass cover for me :) ) One thing I was asked was what tint does the screen have? I thought it was Bronze for GTI's, but can anyone verify this or if it changed over the years etc. Also is it a job that should be left to the pros or is it worth saving a bit of money and doing it yourself?

Cheers

Redtop

All gti's as far as I know are bronze tint. ph1.5 and 2 anyhow. If you know what you are doing then 2 people can do it no problem, but if not it may be cheaper getting a pro to do it as you may break the new one. Im nearly sure I paid around £47+vat for a bronze screen at the start of the year, but I fiited my own.

Baz

Easy to do tbh mate, try a search as there's a few good guides written in similar threads. :)