• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wracing

Fibre Glass Moulds

wracing

as title really

i'm after a fibre glass pattern for a whole car preferably a dimma or t16.

i know this sounds strange but i know somebody has at least done the back of the car!

has anyone done it before thats willing to share or does anyone know how to do it??

thanks in advance

james

pugpete1108
as title really

i'm after a fibre glass pattern for a whole car preferably a dimma or t16.

i know this sounds strange but i know somebody has at least done the back of the car!

has anyone done it before thats willing to share or does anyone know how to do it??

thanks in advance

james

surely it would just be easier to buy a kit of ebay?

o.k they aint the best quality but surely better than you can produce (no offence) with less mess and hastle.

unless your worried about breaking it and having spare panels etc.

wracing

well the front of the car is sorted but i need the roof boot and rear quarters as one section and just wondered if anyone had taken a mould?

james

Henry Yorke

As said earlier, look out on ebay. I know M@tt sold a kit of a car that was being broken for not a lot of money

wracing

i don't think i'm been clear enough :wacko:

im currently building a rear engine space framed 205 double wishbone all round etc etc

what i'm wanting to do is produce a fibre glass rear section. i know i've seen a project on here that someone did, he produced a complete rear mould of the car.

the ones on ebay are no good as i don't want to be cutting a roof section out when the whole thing could be in fibre glass.

am i making any sence??

james

pugpete1108

i thought you were keeping it under wraps?

check your inbox mate i've been trying to get hold of you :lol:

johnnyp

yes we made one for PRD twin v6 car we still have the mould and need to make one to replace the first one as it was just a light waight test to make sure it fitted

Johnny

Henry Yorke
yes we made one for PRD twin v6 car we still have the mould and need to make one to replace the first one as it was just a light waight test to make sure it fitted

Johnny

So it is like a proper 205 T16 back end then and will hinge on the roof? If so, cool.

Off topic: did that car ever run?

wracing

i was planning on keeping it under wraps im sure everyone will forget about it or think it will never happen. ill prob post all the cad models/pictures on my build thread, a few people who have been round have seen parts of the frame in the shed. its no fun if its secrete

johnny would you be willing to make 2??

thanks

james

johnnyp

the car is still in progress i think money has held the job up it is in my garage at the moment as iam spraying it and getting the front wings and bonnet on (well i got the primmer on then got a load of work on so tomo sprayed it it really only needs the ecu x2 a fuel tank makeing and front suspension getting made.

Wracing will have a chat with tomo as i made the hatch for him

Johnny