• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Chassis Paint

eddie bullit

I need some satin chassis paint for my wishbones and other bits and bobs. Anyone got any recommendations? I've had a look on Frosts site but there seems to be quite a choice. All suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers

Edd.

Goliath

I have just used hammerite before. Wasnt brilliant but definately an improvement ;)

Redtop

Ive found the best that ive come across is pronto paints quick drying satin black. Don't know anyone on the mainland that does it, I just get it from a paint guy near me. It's a nice finish and hard wearing. Alot better than the 'chassi black' 'tetrosel' sp paint I used a few years back. Took ages to dry and I never liked working with it or the finish. When I was using it though I was using a compressor and a spray gun, and had the parts blasted and done with etch primer 1st:).

Dan Ingram
Have a read about this:

http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic.cfm

Meant to be the dogs B)

I can vouch for this. I've got some for the underneath of my Impreza. Its not the cheapest but it really is about the best stuff you can get.

eddie bullit
Have a read about this:

http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic.cfm

Meant to be the dogs :ph34r:

Thanks very much CosKev. That's just what I need!! I've read a couple of reviews and this seems well up to the job. My subframe, springs, top mounts, anti roll bar and strut brace have gone to the powder coaters to be finished in satin black. I need to do the wishbones by hand cos I don't want the ball joints ruined by the oven!! grease get hot and going al over my new paint.

I'll get some pics up when I get them back....

Thanks again!!!

Edd

CosKev
Thanks very much CosKev. That's just what I need!! I've read a couple of reviews and this seems well up to the job. My subframe, springs, top mounts, anti roll bar and strut brace have gone to the powder coaters to be finished in satin black. I need to do the wishbones by hand cos I don't want the ball joints ruined by the oven!! grease get hot and going al over my new paint.

I'll get some pics up when I get them back....

Thanks again!!!

Edd

No probs :D

Is good stuff to apply,just don't mix too much at any one time,starts goin off pretty quick :lol:

Can also highly recommend Dinitrol cavity wax if you are making an order B) alot better than Waxoyl.

Floorpans of my 309 done with Epoxy Mastic:

100_4089.jpg

Under front arch on my Evo V:

100_3541.jpg

And this is why I recommend Dinitrol,look how its penetrated threw the seam from inside,no wonder 309's rot on this seam :ph34r: :

100_4184.jpg

:D