• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt Holley

Shenpar Rose Joint Track Rods

Matt Holley

A mate of mine has just fitted a pair of these track rod ends to his 205 and has a problem, with the track rods wound in as far as they will go the wheels are still toeing in, he called me to see if there was any other adjustmect on the rack but afaik there isnt, he is now wondering if maybe a 309 rack has been fitted at some point.

So has anyone fitted some and did they fit fine etc, he's a bit stuck now as he had to drill out the hubs so they would fit so now there is no going back.

Thanks

Spiky

bad news :)

maybe you could measure your rack to compare?

much different in size to the old TRE's?

Matt Holley

I think he said 5mm differance in the track rod end, I did say I would measure mine if needs be, problem is the 205 is at the in laws still from when we moved out so not as easy as going outside to measure it, I will do it tomorrow though if noone has the measurments to hand.

Its Dwains 205 btw who had the coilovers from you, he's please with them, I think it might be time for him to get some 309 bones :)

Spiky

glad he's happy :D

if you need me to measuer mine (inc TRE's) let me know :D

309's are always needed :) ..lol

EdCherry

Could cut a a bit off the end of the rose joint or if you got a tap of the correct size make some extra thread. This is assuming the thread is bottoming out.

Matt Holley
glad he's happy :D

if you need me to measuer mine (inc TRE's) let me know :D

309's are always needed :D ..lol

Tell you what if you measure yours and I measure mine one of us might get it done :) I think we really just need the rack tubes minus track rod ends to give an idea as to if a 309 rack has been fitted, plus if we measure ours with track rods in it will probably be as wide as his as we had extra track.

Matt Holley
Could cut a a bit off the end of the rose joint or if you got a tap of the correct size make some extra thread. This is assuming the thread is bottoming out.

By the sounds of it, its has wound in with all the threads on the track rod so no more left to screw in. :)

EdCherry

Thats lame.

jimistdt
Thats lame.

What's lame, Ed?

EdCherry

That its not the thread bottoming out, would of been a nice and easy fix then :rolleyes:

Tom Fenton

What are they, female threaded rose joints with an adaptor? Or male threaded rose joints?

Matt Holley

This is a pic of them

0173-010lg.jpg

EdCherry

Can you remove that sleeve on the thread? should have a half nut there to lock the rosejoint anyway im surprised it doesnt.

Matt Holley
Can you remove that sleeve on the thread? should have a half nut there to lock the rosejoint anyway im surprised it doesnt.

I knew someone would say that, the simple answer is I am guessing he would have done that already, that pic is straight from the shenpar site.

TVH

Maybe there's 309 inner track rods fitted. 205 ones are shorter AFAIK.

Matt Holley

I had a chat with dwain earlier and it seems its defo a 205 rack, he has it out of the car and measured, so looking like defo a fault with the ends.

boombang

205 and 309 racks themselves are the same AFAIK.

I'm running the steering rack off my old 309 Gti on my 205 and no issues whatsoever.

Edited by boombang

Guest rs-tone

Length of a standard TRE is 110mm what does the Shenpar one measure ?