• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

306 Wishbone Conversion

hcmini1989

hi ive done a search but can`t seem to find anyone who is running 306 wishbones on there 205. can it be done as i read in some ones signiture tat they are running 306 shafts and wishbones so was just wondering if anyone had done this and how much work had to be done to fit these on a 205 .

welshpug

ask the person that has that in their sig?

I don't know anyone running 306 driveshafts (they're too long) but sandy has modified his 309 to use 306 wishbones IIRC.

hcmini1989
ask the person that has that in their sig?

I don't know anyone running 306 driveshafts (they're too long) but sandy has modified his 309 to use 306 wishbones IIRC.

i cant find the person who`s signiture it was

Hilgie

it's Sandy

he's done it on the 309 Trio, but the pics is gone from his webspace...luckily I saved some of them on my harddrive... :blink:

hcmini1989
it's Sandy

he's done it on the 309 Trio, but the pics is gone from his webspace...luckily I saved some of them on my harddrive... :blink:

any chance of posting some up .the shafts would`nt be to hard to mod but not shure about the subframe

Miles

Better off with the 205 one's, You don;t have the old P bush like all the 06's use which is cr*p, unless you replace them with seom decent bushes but that's another £200.00 on top before anything else

Hilgie

I have added the pics

post-125-1245149148_thumb.jpg

post-125-1245149174_thumb.jpg

James_R

It's not soo simple what are you trying to achieve in the first place?

Sandy

It is much harder than it looks, I wouldn't do it again.

Cloverleaf

Why did you do it Sandy? What are the benefits?

hcmini1989

only reason i thought about is for cheaper parts not £45 for ball joints .but looking at those pics and the wishbones looks like a real pain in the arse .so im not 100% weather to bother doing it now

Guest renolarsen

how much wider is the Wishbones, compare to 205 as i might think about do this mod myself, after i but 6 speed box on it, and want some more sterring

I can get a complete front beam with Wishbones, hubs and drive shafts,, werry cheap.. from a 306 GTI

I was thinking about the 309 Wishbone and shafts, but i not sure it give enough,,

and of corse some spacers,, but they will worn out my bearings.

I have Dimma kit on the car, so it would be nice to get the wheels out,, and i have eccentric top mounts on too

Paul_13

I really wouldn't bother with 'P' bushes, cr@p design!

dsc00646la.th.jpg

I've been through about 3 pairs of cheap wishbones on the dturbo 306 (because I can't afford the expensive ones), it ruins your tyres, bends your subframe and you can't get the other wishbones in without a BFH!

If your that determined and have the money for some grp N 'P' bushes and time on your hands crack on.

ade 4wd

I am using 306 wishbones on a 205 subframe on my 205 project. It gave me 35mm extra track width per side. Use balljoints from a 306 that has power steering as they are longer than non power steering balljoints. You will also need to use the 306 anti roll bar as the 205 one will no longer clear the wishbones.

shalmaneser

Less unsprung weight too I'd guess, the pressed steel wishbones must be lighter than the pig iron 205/309 ones.

Still, seems a lot of effort for little tangible benefit.

Batfink

DrSarty is running this setup I think on his 205.