• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Omp Strut Brace

eddie bullit

Hi Lads n Lasses

I've got an OMP strut brace that's a bit tatty and want to get it resprayed. would you respay as original, which is red, or would you do it body colour?

I'm leaning toward body colour cos it will look like an original part of the pugs bay :P that's my thinking anyway..

car is miami blue..while I'm at it are they worth while fitting to a standard set up or would it be purely cosmetic?

Cheers peoples!!

Edd.

mattbenselin

Definitely worth it, they really stiffen the front end up.

As for colour, I dont think Peugeot ever painted the slam panel the same as the car, always cream or something, so I'm not sure painting the brace body colour would achieve the desired look. I would have thought that if Peugeot would have sold a brace as an aftermarket item through PTS it would be either red to go with GTI theme or white with the PTS stripes on it.

I have a brushed chrome-ish one with black end plates looks quite smart, E-tech or something!

MrG

mines in red. Does a good job too, I've certainly noticed the difference.

marksorrento205

Well worth it. Have it sprayed the colour of the car IMO if you are going to have it sprayed as it will be a nice touch.

Rob Turbo

The braces on 406 coupes are black, so I'm guessing if they were going to fit one standard in a 205 it would have been black?

MerlinGTI

I went orange on a white car ;)

jjj.jpg

I think white with some PTS strips would look kinda cool though

mattbenselin

Mine:

P1010072.jpg

Stripes like this maybe:

finished1.jpg

eddie bullit

some great ideas there fellas!! I'm quite keen on the factory look and think I may go body colour so it blends in. Saying that black sounds good and so does original red.. ;)

I know a sign writer who'll put anything on it I want so I'm going with Eddie Bullit in silver I think!!