• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cann

Steer Adjustments

Guest cann

Hi everyone. I have a problem about my steering. I can see that my front left tyre is outer than front right, front right tyre is just on a line with bumper but front left is out for 1cm. Do you think is there a problem about chasis? When i hold my steering wheel straight, the car goes straight, but when i let it go free it wants to go to left. Do you know how can i fit it. Thank you very much from now.

Mikey S
Hi everyone. I have a problem about my steering. I can see that my front left tyre is outer than front right, front right tyre is just on a line with bumper but front left is out for 1cm. Do you think is there a problem about chasis? When i hold my steering wheel straight, the car goes straight, but when i let it go free it wants to go to left. Do you know how can i fit it. Thank you very much from now.

it sounds like your tracking is way out. but before having it re-aligned, i would check you havnt bent anything, especially on the steering rack. have you hit any kerbs etc recently?

mike

Guest cann
it sounds like your tracking is way out. but before having it re-aligned, i would check you havnt bent anything, especially on the steering rack. have you hit any kerbs etc recently?

mike

No i don't hit any thing but it was like that when i first bought the car..Maybe first owner hit something, but i think front right is just right place where it has to be but front left is outer from its place , can you please tell me how can i re-aligne?

jimistdt

Hello mate, I think its got to be worth checking all components on the suspension, with the car jacked up check for play between the top and bottom of wheel, look at the back of the wheel here

Image149.jpg

If there is in play in the hole in the hub that could make your wheel tilt out IMO.

As for the tracking ideally I thinks its agreed that the Track Rod Ends should be set equally, not by the steering wheel.

th_Image147-1.jpg

Also check both tyres are the same size, or maybe there are mis-matched hubs?

Edited by jimistdt

Guest cann
Hello mate, I think its got to be worth checking all components on the suspension, with the car jacked up check for play between the top and bottom of wheel, look at the back of the wheel here

Image149.jpg

If there is in play in the hole in the hub that could make your wheel tilt out IMO.

As for the tracking ideally I thinks its agreed that the Track Rod Ends should be set equally, not by the steering wheel.

th_Image147-1.jpg

Also check both tyres are the same size, or maybe there are mis-matched hubs?

Thank you for help, but i checked all of them and i can't find the reason, i will taka some photos, maybe you can see well.