• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skanny

Arb Droplinks

skanny

Guys,

My pug is a bit of a cross breed, it was originally a 1.6 and has had a 1.9 transplant but from what i can determine it has kept the 1.6 gearbox.

Seeing as this was done before i bought it im not sure if anything else has been swapped over during the conversion.

It is currently sorn'd and i want it back on the road on the 1st May.

So i need to get it MOT'd this week ideally in order to get any failure points ( im sure there wont be many) rectified and then taxed in time - im away in it Bank holiday Sunday and monday.

I noticed a pin hole in the cv boot so thats been replaced but during that i also discoved that the bottom balljoint pinch bolt is stripped.

In addition to this i noticed that the offside ARB droplink boots are perrished and also the top threaded balljoint bit that goes through the shock absorber leg is too small for the hole in the leg, ohand thats stripped too!

The hole in the leg does not look to be oval in shape so maybe the drop link is the wrong one - are they differen between 1.9 and 1.6?

Can anyone reccommend a good source of aftermarket arb droplinks that are good value for money?

I need to get some parts ordered tomorrow and fitted asap so i can get the MOT booked in time.

Thanks Guys

jimistdt

No difference with the droplinks between 1.6 or 1.9 they are the same thing.

Have a look on the GSF website see if there is a store near you. If you're lucky they might have them in stock.

They can be inconsistant regarding longevity of aftermarket droplinks, see how well they last, but if you get chance to get some Motaquip ones they'll last better.

Guest roblemon69

" In addition to this i noticed that the offside ARB droplink boots are perrished and also the top threaded balljoint bit that goes through the shock absorber leg is too small for the hole in the leg, ohand thats stripped too!

The hole in the leg does not look to be oval in shape so maybe the drop link is the wrong one - are they differen between 1.9 and 1.6? "

i have this problem my new drop links wont fit my car.

the end that bolts to the arb is fine and fits but the top fitting on the strut the bolt wont go throw the hole, it looks as if the original drop link has m10 bolts and the new m12.

i have contacted the manufactures who say it is the correct part for a 205 gti and my car has been modifed in some way?

welshpug

M12 are (late IIRC) 106 droplinks as far as I know, but the balljoints are straight up and down on them I thought, so can't think what yours would be from.

Edited by welshpug

Miles

Still 106 one's as the early Rallye's used them

Guest roblemon69

sorry to steal a tread

Still 106 one's as the early Rallye's used them

sorry confused now

so does my car have 106 droplinks fittted or rallye struts and drop links ?

or are the parts i got sent for a 106 or rallye as i just want to stop the dawn things knocking over bumps.