• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Lifting Car High To Fit Gti6

djinuk

very soon i will be looking at mouting my gti6 engine into my 205. Ive read that its easiest to lift the car right up and slide the engine under neath. Tools are my dispoal are engien crane, axel stands, and a jack. How do you go about lifting the car high enough to do this?

Tom Fenton

If you have a crane then I'd lift it in through the top personally. But everyone has their own methods.

welshpug

I always go in from the top, box on, never put an gti6 in yet though only the S16 and old alloy blocks, so I'm not sure if you have enough room to do it with the exhaust manifold on.

If not I'd imagine you'd need to drop the subframe when the engine is sat on the box and top mounting to fit the manifold.

djinuk

yea, well subframes already off so that shudnt be a problem, dont really want to batter my shiny white bay so want to get it right really first time if you get me. :rolleyes: thanks guys for the advise so far.

M@tt

i got my gti6 in on my own with a crane from the top and it's certainly possible to do without banging or srapeing anything if you're careful.

Line you bay with some thick carboard before fitting if you're worried :rolleyes:

dcc

my engine went in and out of the top easily! with both manifolds on!

djinuk

in through the top it is then :), lets see how this goes.

dcc

its a very heavy engine, i had to have the shell almost on the deck before i could get it out though!

Sign in to follow this