• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tandoh

Gti Body Moulding On A Non Gti

Tandoh

Hi ive recently bought a full set of gti body mouldings off ebay to go with my gti front an rear bumpers and i want to fit them to my junior.

I was wondering how hard this is. Also i believe the rear arch will be a different shape on my junior to the gti's.

I need a pair of new wings so i might as well get gti ones which makes one part easier.

Really i dont want to rivet them on i would prefer to stick them. Does anyone know of the best product to use?

I was just wondering how people have done it before...if they have done it:p

Cheers Luke

Baz

Trim them to fit to the arch, it's only a little bit that usually sits inside the arch on a gti that needs trimming to fit on a base model iirc.

Sikaflex etc?

boombang

Back in the day, Pug actually sold a set of Gti style arches to fit base models.

Not sure if they ever come up for sale, but they are just stuck on.

steve@cornwall
Hi ive recently bought a full set of gti body mouldings off ebay to go with my gti front an rear bumpers and i want to fit them to my junior.

I was wondering how hard this is. Also i believe the rear arch will be a different shape on my junior to the gti's.

I need a pair of new wings so i might as well get gti ones which makes one part easier.

Really i dont want to rivet them on i would prefer to stick them. Does anyone know of the best product to use?

I was just wondering how people have done it before...if they have done it:p

Cheers Luke

You can fix the door mouldings and flat fixing parts of the arches by self tapping the black trim clips to the panel whilst the trim is held in place. This just leaves the arch. I'd drill holes for the standard clips, cover the clips in sikkaflex / tigerseal and hold in place with tape 'till it cures

Emmy Seize
Back in the day, Pug actually sold a set of Gti style arches to fit base models.

Not sure if they ever come up for sale, but they are just stuck on.

Bought a brand-new set on German ebay yesterday.........

platty

I Riveted the flat parts of the trim to the car, and also used Sikaflex, as Baz said. You'll find the arches will protrude down 25mm below the plastic trim. It'll take around 45 minutes a side to do a 'proper job' (grind off the arch, re-weld the inner and outer arch together, prime/underseal).

As Baz mentioned also, depending how much metal you remove from the rear arch will determind if you need to remove plastic from the rear of the trim to get it to sit flat against the body.........knows his stuff our Bazil :excl: