• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

[trackday_prep] Cameron's Mi16 / Gti6 Hybrid

Baz

It's actually Miami. :)

oli-pug

Well done Cameron for getting the car ready, should be a real tool on track! Got any trackdays planned mate?

Wish I could come on the ring trip but nothing's come together in time :P If I do go, I definitely want to be driving my own car but simply can't afford it.

Flame suit at the ready but iron block turbo is the way forward I think, really got the urge for some silly power that I can just spin away! ;)

Mine's more of a cherry faded salmon ATM and it's definitely not FTW. F*cking hate it!

Baz

Nah, NA ftw! ;)

Oli, probabbly a bit late now, but could've come as a passenger if you can get the time off!

taylorspug

Ive failed in an epic way on the passenger front. Been waiting on hearing back from loads of people, and have ended up riding solo. Its going to be one BORING ferry crossing. At night. On my own. Great.

Oh and then ive got to wait for you lot somewhere for a while, so i might take a book or something! :P

EDIT: Oli ive just remembered you PM'ed me and i forgot to PM back and explain the situation regarding the passenger seat. Apologies. ;)

Edited by taylorspug

rubyna
Ive failed in an epic way on the passenger front. Been waiting on hearing back from loads of people, and have ended up riding solo. Its going to be one BORING ferry crossing. At night. On my own. Great.

Oh and then ive got to wait for you lot somewhere for a while, so i might take a book or something! :P

EDIT: Oli ive just remembered you PM'ed me and i forgot to PM back and explain the situation regarding the passenger seat. Apologies. ;)

Dan if I had known you was going solo I would have come and shared the costs :P ,me and the missus and nipper booked a last minute holiday

now or id have seen if it was a possible..

Luke..

Cameron

At least you've only got to wait 2 hours Dan, I've got to wait 24 because someone told me the wrong date. <_<:)

There was a brief plan to go and see my mate in Bremen but its a bit of an epic drive and 48 hours of no sleep doesn't appeal too much. Think I'm just going to call up tomorrow and reschedule.

taylorspug

Oh crap! Yeah waiting for a whole day is a LONG time, reschedule mate or you will be knackered the entire weekend.

Where we meeting up, ive heard a hypermarket and a service station so far?

Cameron

Ok, so it was actually just me being a tit. :)

I thought I had booked it for the 28th but it turns out I had booked it for the 29th after all.

Are you getting the earlier ferry? I think Baz is coming over from Calais to meet us, probably at the hotel by the roundabout.

taylorspug

Yeah im last crossing on the 28th, pretty much midnight. Ok well if we all arrange a place and get an address for that place sorted we can all meet there to minimise confusion!

Cameron

If you come off the ferry and out the main exit, you get to a roundabout with a hotel next to it with a large car park. That's usually where we all meet up. :)

Baz

I'm on the half 12 ferry to calais, so might be a little in front of the others Dan.

James_R

This is the meeting point, head out of port, you'll cross a rail way immediately before the roundabout, take the left then right and park in the big carpark behind the hotel.

post-6092-1251361292_thumb.jpg

Baz you going to spot in there if you're running a head?? coudl get the BBQ going for us?? ;)

Baz

No i just meant we'll come up from Calais and meet Dan at Dunkirk, or get going rather than wait for you, you'll catch us up anyway!

James_R

We'll be mincing just like you with the bikes on the back, if we have to dodge some stray bikes on the autoroute we'll know you're infront :D

Cameron

Back to the car, I've been busy the past couple of days doing the final bits and bobs, the most obvious of which is this little beastie..

Started off by making a "mould" by bending up some steel sheet, then laid up some GRP to make two U-shaped parts. Then cut a whole load of holes in them for the various switches and bits and bobs.

SSL21775.jpg

Don't have many photos of the process, I just got on with it instead. But the finished item is pretty sweet. :D

SSL21777.jpg

I'm especially pleased with this bit.

SSL21779.jpg

SSL21780.jpg

We have (left-right) heated screen, starter and ignition, then at the bottom the 3 position map switch. Got an immobiliser map that won't let the revs go past 1500rpm, a s*it fuel map with less advance, and a proper map. :P

And then the back part, which took a lot of fiddling!

SSL21778.jpg

I did the tracking and checked camber too, I now have 1mm toe-out and 3 deg -ve camber at the front, and an uneven rear with OS: 3mm toe-in, 1deg camber and NS: zero toe and 1.5 deg camber. :D

Also, I checked my oil leak and its still going. I swear these bastard things never keep their oil in! :lol:

Cameron

A little update as I now have internets. :D

The Burgerring trip was pretty awesome, but not without it's casualties. :D

Luckily mine made it there and back (and round and round a few times) with only some minor high speed spin related issues on my last lap. I still need to suss out weather there is actually something wrong with the car or weather it was down to swapping the tyres front to back. Haven't really had the time yet but will do it soon.

It felt really good on track, the car certainly outperforms me at the moment! We were hampered by multiple accidents, some a little more serious than others, so didn't really bother with timing. The stiffer springs have definitely helped combat body roll, and have also stopped the rear grinding out round Karrussel which is nice!

Some of my favourite piccies..

Mini Karrussel

9016_135403546276_511796276_2984617.jpg

Mega Karrussel, hassling sneaky bastard who squeezed past in Adernauer Forst when I let some GT3s pass, and then got in the way for most of the lap

308_9767.jpg

308_0009.jpg

Car park

9929_123244107926_508642926_2589904.jpg

Wake up James!

9929_123243997926_508642926_2589887.jpg

Arty-farty last day shot

9929_123244032926_508642926_2589892.jpg

James_R

Why does this picture keep coming up!! I was just resting ready for the track to open (and enjoying the sun)

Looking forward to getting sorted and heading back out can take you out for a lap then, make you wish you had a diff more :D

Cameron

Crap, all this time I've been persuading you to keep your 205 and forgetting its a source of cheap diff!

Go ZX.. it's not so bad! :D

Cameron

Look what I found!

DSC_0126.JPG

That's one quick photographer! :D

Alastairh
:D

tom_m
Look what I found!

That's one quick photographer! :D

Proof it turned a wheel in Deutschland!

James_R

And owned that M6 in to the complex, also owned the bike shortly after :D

Cameron

And owned a bearing shortly after that.. :D

Baz

:D

The ZX would home the diff too though Cam! :)