• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

Dash, Speedo Lights.

SurGie

Hi,

Iv been looking around for some proper bright and darker orange colour bulb's.

I thought of painting new bulbs with orange glass paint till i saw the orange ones

from the 206 and i wonder if the bulbs in the 206 will fit my 205 GTI ?

Any help will be appreciated as the colour of mine now are just too faided.

Cheers :)

SurGie

Any ideas ?

Cheers

cybernck

The bulbs are not orange to begin with!

Bulbs are clear, with an orange filter behind the clock face.

However, I don't know if 206 dash light bulbs would fit in 205's dash.

SurGie

Ok thanks cybernck, I just would really like proper orange like it should be originally, not almost white like

a lot of 205 gti's seem to have now.

Im going to try glass painting them then see if it makes any difference.

Gentry_Ba

hi!

you can try to put LED's instead of the bulbs in your clocks. but the original bulb fitting places aren't enough then. you may put much more LED's behind your clock face- then it's ok!

the 206 had LED's instead of bulbs- since '98 I think. thats why the intense of the orange color is so much better...

cheers,

matthias

gazmk2

the only issue I found with usind LED's in place of the standard bulbs was that they have a very focused light output. So instead of spreading the light all over the dash it justfocused it onto one spot. this meant that only parts of the dash lit up! I did this on a vauxhall carlton though and not a 205. I think you can get special "diffuser" LED's that spread the light better.

SurGie
hi!

you can try to put LED's instead of the bulbs in your clocks. but the original bulb fitting places aren't enough then. you may put much more LED's behind your clock face- then it's ok!

the 206 had LED's instead of bulbs- since '98 I think. thats why the intense of the orange color is so much better...

cheers,

matthias

Nice one Matthias, gazmk2,

I have searched the net for the LED's & orange bulbs and e-bay, but iv not been able to find any in orange.

Finding some special diffuser orange LED's that would fit the 205 cluster perfectly would be of great help to me.

Does any one know where i could find some, i have searched on and off for a while now with no luck :D

Cheers George :(

SurGie

Here is a place i should be able to get some orange ones. I have rang them and they have bulbs that are not on their web site so i have to email them and ask them for some proper bright orange bulbs :ph34r:

Sorted...

Daviewonder

I used red coloured bulbs behind the clocks in one of my 205's, they lit the clocks up very bright definately worth doing.